On-Site Assessment (OSAT) – NVQ Diploma Levels 2 and 3
On-site assessment enables candidates with work experience to gain an NVQ Diploma Level 2 or 3. Our assessors visit you on-site to measure your work against the required elements of the NVQ Diploma programme. The assessors’ observation notes, combined with written and photographic evidence from the candidates, make up the candidate portfolio to complete the NVQ Diploma.
This course is suitable for candidates with at least three years’ work experience who are currently working in the roofing industry. It is particularly suitable for those who need to achieve NVQ Diploma Level 2 in order to obtain a CSCS card, which is increasingly required on main contractor sites.
To obtain the CSCS card, candidates also need to pass a Working at Height Health and Safety test.
You are visited between up to 3 times by one of our assessors to cover the course elements.
The NVQ Diploma programme covers the following elements: General Health and Safety in the work place; Productive working practices in the workplace: Moving and handling resources in the workplace: preparing Background surfaces for roofing coverings in the workplace: Applying Roof Coverings in the work place, repairing roof coverings n the workplace.
Available NVQ Diplomas
We are able to assess the following OSAT NVQ Diplomas:
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Slating
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Tiling
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Slating and Tiling
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Roof sheeting and cladding
- NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Roof sheeting and cladding
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Applied Waterproof Membranes: Bituminous Felt
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Applied Waterproof Membranes: Single Ply
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Applied Waterproof Membranes: Liquid Coatings
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Roof Lining Systems
- NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Occupational works supervisor
- NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Construction manager
- NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Heritage Skills Roof Slating and Tiling
The candidates or employer must provide access at their place of work for the assessors’ visits and also provide evidence in the form of job log records, photographs and witness statements of roofing works.
Further evidence is required in the form of risk assessments, method statements drawings.
All the evidence, together with the record of the assessors’ observations, make up the candidate portfolio. Companies are encouraged to have a work-based recorder to help collate evidence.
All required NVQ Diploma documentation will be provided to candidates on final achievement.